SFFCONZ is a new non-profit society that has been set up to support science fiction and fantasy conventions and events in New Zealand.
SFFCONZ has a non-profit status, so any convention that runs as a project of SFFCONZ can share that status. SFFCONZ will also have some financial resources. These have a number of benefits.
- Automatic non-profit status. Memberships in the convention are non-taxable.
- Financial resources for paying deposits.
- As a non-profit incorporated society, there are certain legal protections if something goes wrong.
- and more… (to come)
SFFCONZ would be assuming some risks and responsibilities, therefore there will be some requirements to be a project of SFFCONZ.
- The convention will need to show budgeting
- The convention will need to report on finances a number of times a year.
- A few more legal things… (to come)